Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sunday Synopsis: 2013 January 6

It's been more than six weeks since I fell and broke my leg, and each day I get more and more self-sufficient.  Even though I am still mostly confined to a wheelchair, I am starting to transition to a walker in preparation for being able to bear weight on the left leg.  'Nuff said about that sort of stuff.

This past week I posted a Sunday Synopsis and a short piece about old the Pine Tree Theater in Klamath Falls. I have another Sharing Memories piece nearly ready to go about the Pelican Theater, as well as the beginning of at least two more pieces on old Klamath Falls theaters.  Feels good to be  writing again.

Progress on the book of Uncle Ralph Letters is definitely making headway, thanks to my sis and L, as they are finishing up putting together the picture pages.  I have another edit on the Introduction/Preface to complete, then on to edits.  The problem is writing time between fitting in my twice daily exercise sessions and just the length of time daily living things take.  So little time to write-- but each day gets better.

~ ~ ~
 © Joan G. Hill, Roots'n'Leaves Publications

5 comments:

  1. I didn't know you'd broken your leg, Joan. I'm so sorry. Over Christmas is a bad time but recovering in the snowy season may not be so bad. You have an excuse to not go out in the snow and ice! I hope you're not in too much pain and that you'll be comfortable using a walker (which is certainly better than crutches, imho, anyway!). Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan I hope you are up on your feet soon and feeling better. Wheelchairs can be no fun. I had to use one for a short time, and I was so happy to see it go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also hadn't realized that you had broken your leg. It's not fun to break a bone. I hope that you are as good as new very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joan. I'm not sure if we've met or not but my dad is your cousin and your uncle Clive is my grandpa. I love what you have done here and just discovered it tonight after talking with my brother Sean. Hope for continued success in your recovery.

    Jenny McPherson-Urquidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny, Nice to hear from you. Was that your post on the Jabez #5? I posted a clarification to the response. Glad you are enjoying this little blog of mine and always enjoy when people comment -- and family comments are even more exciting because they tend to breach the lost years.

      Delete