Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sunday Synopsis: 2012 December 30

The last Sunday of 2012 and the last Sunday for this month of December.  Indeed, a good time for a synopsis.  My last post was on the 4th of November and I was trying to finish up the book of letters.  We are close, but nothing has been done since the 29th of November, when I slipped on a piece of rain drenched concrete and broke my leg.  After a week in the hospital --- really bad break --- and nearly three weeks in a rehab facility, I am finally home but still several weeks before I can bear weight on the left leg so I'm wheeling around the house in a wheel chair.   Even though I'm getting more self sufficient every day, I am so fortunate to have my sister, daughters, son and grandson helping me during this period of recovery.

Over the last few months, I have added, edited, and moved pictures around in my archives, so I need to make a copy of the updated McPherson photo archives for S and L  -- which I was in the process of doing when I fell -- so they can add pictures to the family group sheets and make whatever filler sheets L thinks would add to the book.  Hopefully, I will finish editing the Intro to the letters so that I can send it on to them, which will enable L to finish formatting and her edits, then back to S and I for a "final edit"  -- although, I am beginning to question if there is such a thing as a "final edit."

That said, the good news, blogging-wise, I am looking forward to writing and blogging ---WA HOO!  And l sending best wishes to all for a wonderful 2013!


~ ~ ~
 © Joan G. Hill, Roots'n'Leaves Publications

10 comments:

  1. Oh, Joan, how awful. So sorry, sending positive healing thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, thanks for the thought winging their way to me. I am woefully behind on my reading and looking forward to having the time to read about the Encore Trip.

      Delete
  2. Here's to a speedy recovery! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Doreen, so nice to hear from you.

      Delete
  3. I was just thinking of you last night, Joan, so I was glad to see your post today...until I read the part about your broken leg. Not a good thing! So sorry to hear, but glad you are on the mend. Hopefully now you can devote your energies to that elusive "final edit" and call this project a wrap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacqi, Your comments were very nice to hear/read --- and I too am glad to be on the mend. See the doc on the 19th and hope I am released to do PT in the pool--- that would help my disposition greatly.

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry to learn of your accident, Joan. Mat God bless you and grant you good health and much happiness in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jasia for your wishes of wellbeing. Looking forward to being able to walk again--- that's for sure.

      Delete
  5. Joan what a terrible thing to happen. I was hoping you were busy with your final edits or having a well earned holiday. I do hope you get well soon and that your wonderful family keep taking good care of you. I hope we will soon see you back blogging regularly. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauleen, catching up on my blog responses -- and thank you so much for your well wishes. And a Happy New Year to you too.

      Delete