Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunday Synopsis: 2012 September 30th

A quickie post to remind myself that I really accomplished something this week. Sent 181 pages of Uncle Ralph's letters to L.  My sis has done her edits through the end of the book and between the two of us we have cross-checked from page 182 thru 250.  Although we only have another 50 some pages to go, I am feeling the need to check our edits against the actual letters and send them on to L.   I also have several commentaries that I need to re-write and I want to do those re-writes while the changes are still fresh in my mind.

About a month ago, I had made a commitment to myself that I would write at least 3,000 words a week.  I had felt badly that I really hadn't  made that goal.  Then yesterday, as I was writing in my journal, I realized that I wrote a minimum of 300 words a day which makes 3,500 words per week;  in addition, I use much of the journal writing in other writing pieces.  It's sort of like my pre-writing think tank.  So I don't feel like it is "cheating" if I use my journal writing for the word-per-week goal, though I may have to up my word-per-week goal.   I am having an ethical battle with myself as to whether I can the actual piece of writing that I have lifted from my journal  --- feels sort of like double dipping.  I tell myself, "Well, you did put a significant amount of rewrite into this piece."  Hmmmm,  weird arguments  that go on in my mind, eh???

And finally, I realized not only is tomorrow the 1st of October, but the deadline for  the "School Humor" COG.  Yikes, I dinna know if I can pull that off .......

~ ~ ~
 © Joan Hill, Roots'n'Leaves Publications

3 comments:

  1. Three thousand words a week or not, after 181 pages, I'd say you deserve to have a sense of accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement. I do have to say, using my journal as part (or all) of the 3,000 words a week, only amounts to about 1/2 hour writing per day --- and not that great of writing, I just have to keep things in perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan I have to say that every month I'm astonished by how much you achieve while you never think you've done much (are you an over-achiever by any chance?). Writing in your journal is an important part of letting the thoughts crystallise. You're going "great guns" on the book too...well done!

    ReplyDelete