Monday, November 30, 2009

Thank You For The Kreative Blogger Award

I was amazed to be nominated for the Kreativ Blogger award as I struggle daily to garner the new vocabulary and skills of a blogger. However, I want to send my heartfelt thanks to two wonderful people nominated me for this award, Renate of Into the Light and Hummer of Branching Out Through The Years . I am so appreciative of the thought, even though it has taken me a couple of weeks to figure out how to accept the award. Old dogs and new tricks sort of thing. I also wanted to thank Linda at FlipSide, as this award gave me the opportunity to widen my scope and to be welcomed into this community of bloggers.


According to Linda, the winner of the award has to list seven things about themselves and then pass the award along to seven other bloggers.
1. I am a storyteller, writer, and then genealogist. Genealogy comes because I need it for the stories.
2. I love puzzles of all kinds, in fact I sometimes get down right compulsive about puzzles- most especially of the genealogy type.
3. Road trips and writing about the people I meet along the way are my favorite kind of vacation.
4. My big black German Shepard, Colldubh, goes in & out with me & is ever at my side.
5. Even though I live in the mountains and have few visitors, I have a really great Christmas light display.
6. I whine and snivel about my lack of computer know-how. Sometimes, my son lets me get away with this assumed disability, but it is more difficult now that he lives several hundred miles away. Also due to my son's and granddaughter's help over the Thanksgiving holiday, I am able, only somewhat able, to navigate these blogger waters.

7. I have a son and two daughters, all of whom are very bright, interesting, passionate and compassionate; two granddaughters and two grandsons who have the same attributes as their parents and I absolutely dote upon all of them.

I hope that I am not making a huge faux pas, but my month long stint as a blogger in your community really does not give me enough background to know much about the myriad of wonderful blog sites. However, daily I am finding new and interesting sites, writing, stories, and pictures – and for that I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment